Chocolate, date and walnut squares- vegan
|Note our pretty new cake stand, a Christmas present|
- First make the tea and soak the sultanas in it. (And chop the nuts and dates of you haven't already done so.)
- Mix the dry ingredients together (flours, baking powder, cinnamon, dates and walnuts).
- Mix the tea with sultanas, the oil and the agave in another bowl.
- Beat the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and spoon into a prepared square tin/ mould.
- Bake at 170C for about 20-25 minutes (use the skewer test- if it comes out clean the cake is done.)
- While the cake is still hot, break the chocolate into squares and spread on top. As it melts, you can spread it evenly over the cake.