Ekadasi Dosa with Coconut Chutney and Potato Sambar- vegan, gluten free
|This dish manages to capture some contrasting textures and flavours despite the fact it is made from a limited selection of ingredients.|
- Whisk the batter and let it stand while you make the sambar and chutney.
- When the sambar and chutney are done, use a lightly-oiled frying pan to cook the thin, round dosas. Don't make them too big, as when the bottom is getting crispy, you're going to flip them like pancakes!
- Tip: Whisk a little more water in before you pour the batter, as it thickens on standing.
- Simmer the potato/ parsnip cubes in the water, spices and oil and when they are half cooked, add the courgette.
- Continue to cook until the vegetables are nice and soft.
- Serve hot with dosas.
- Grind about 2 tabs of the coconut into a fine powder and mix with water to a creamy consistency.
- Stir-fry the ginger in the oil and add the buckwheat briefly before removing from the heat.
- Add this to the creamy coconut, and throw in the desiccated coconut along with the salt and lemon juice. Voila!