|Scones are a treat at tea time!|
- In a bowl, mix the flours, sultanas, sugar and baking powder together.
- Rub in the oil using your forefingers and thumbs.
- Mix in the plant milk gradually- you don't want the mixture to be too wet, and different flours have different absorbencies.
- Gently form the dough into a ball and lightly press until about 1 1/2" thick. Use a cutter until you have 6 rounds, or however many you want, according to the diameter of your cutter.
- Bake on a pre-warmed oiled baking sheet in an oven preheated to 200C for about 15 minutes. The scones should have risen and be slightly browned on top, but not sticky inside.