Inspired by...2: Raw Chocolate for Valentine's Day
|Celebrate Valentine's Day with some delicious, healthy raw treats!|
|Use small cookie cutters to create different shapes.|
Today's post was inspired by the talented Emily Von Euw of This Rawsome Vegan Life: a blog that is as interesting to read as it is lovely to look at. Emily is writing her second book at the moment, having recently had her first one (on raw desserts) published. The recipes you will find at her space are creative, beautiful, healthy and raw vegan. Check the original recipe out at: http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/2012/01/health-by-chocolate.html#.UsiGa_RdWSp
- Mix all the ingredients together except the fruit/ nuts/ seeds.
- Spread them out about 1/2cm thick on baking paper (with a tray underneath for ease of handling)
- Scatter the toppings on and lightly press into the chocolate.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour (I sped things up by covering the tray with clingfilm and using the freezer).
- Break into chunks or shape with small cookie cutters- do this while it's still very cold as it will be harder to handle afterwards.
- Store between layers of baking paper in an airtight container in the fridge.