Broccoli and Potato Bake- vegan- and some Spring sunshine!
- Pre-cook the potatoes by steaming them, (but take care not to get them so soft that they start to disintegrate).
- In another pan, steam the broccoli until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce according to the roux method: heat the oil and stir the flour into it before using a balloon whisk to gradually blend in the other ingredients over a medium-low heat. It should thicken into smooth, glossy sauce.
- Arrange the veggies in an ovenproof dish.
- Pour the sauce on top.
- Scatter with the ground seeds and porridge oats.
- Bake at 180C, uncovered, for about 25minutes. The top layer of potato should be golden-brown and all the veggies should be tender.
|Bright new leaves on the currant bush|
|Beautiful yellow-blossomed kerria shrub (aka "Bachelor's buttons")|
|...and finally, pink polyanthus|