2 cups organic wholemeal bread flour (1 cup=250ml)
1 cup plain white flour
4 tsps baking powder
50ml olive oil
2 tabs ground flax seeds
water to mix
- Rub the oil into the dry ingredients
- Add enough water to make a pliable, but not sticky, dough.
- Knead lightly until easy to handle (just a minute or two).
- Divide into balls of about twice the size you would make for chapattis and roll out into circles a little thicker than chapattis. (But not too thick or they will be cooked on the outside but raw inside!).
- Cook on a tawa or large non-stick frying pan for a few minutes, flipping them frequently to prevent scorching. They will bubble up, but not puff like chapattis.
- Serve warm or cold.