|Rustle up a stack of flax chapattis next time you're cooking curry!|
Makes about 14:
2 cups wholemeal bread flour* (1 cup=250ml)
1 cup plain white flour*
(*or 3 cups wholemeal instead of 2:1)
2 tabs ground linseeds
a pinch of salt (optional)
water to mix
- Mix the flours, flax and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add enough water to form a firm (but not too dry) dough. You should be able to poke a shallow dent in it without it sticking to your finger too much.
- Knead for a couple of minutes to get the dough smooth and springy.
- Roll out into thin circles.
- Cook each chapatti on a tawa (available from Asian shops) or non-stick frying pan, turning frequently. They will puff up a little.
- Keep them warm (I wrap them in foil) until you're ready to serve them.