Plum Chutney with Tamarind
|Making jams and chutneys is one of the great pleasures of late Summer/ early Autumn|
- Wash, stone and halve the plums and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a sturdy, shallow pan and add the hing, ginger, bayleaf, cloves and cinnamon. Stir briefly.
- Add the plums and simmer.
- When they are just beginning to break down, add the salt, agave, sugar and tamarind.
- Cook until reduced to a chutney-like consistency (this doesn't take too long).
- When the chutney is cooked, removed the cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf before bottling in sterilised jars. Keeps for at least two weeks in the fridge.