|There's nothing like a batch of freshly-baked muffins with your favourite hot drink...|
We hope you all enjoyed Easter Bank Holiday weekend, and just in case you didn't get enough chocolate here's a somewhat healthier spin on a favourite sweet snack; chocolate muffins. If you're in the mood for baking, these treats are simple to make and they'll make your kitchen smell gorgeous while they're cooking, too.
- Prepare your cake moulds and get the paper cases out ready. Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Mix the flour, coconut sugar and baking powder together in a large bowl. Stir in the walnuts and dates, making sure the dates don't stick together.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, soya milk and vanilla and add to the dry mixture.
- Beat for a minute or two, then put into the paper cases. Tip: use a mechanical ice cream scoop for this; it's fast, accurate and mess-free!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on the middle shelf of your oven.
- Get the kettle on and put your feet up...