- Mash the drained mung beans, if necessary
- Combine with the grated sweet potato, ground almonds and porridge oats, and mix well.
- Add the seasonings and mix well. You should now have a consistency which holds together but is not soggy.
- Shape into patties and bake at 200C on an oiled baking tray until well browned on both sides, turning carefully with a spatula halfway through.
- Serve with the dressing, roasted pumpkin and potato wedges and/ or a green salad with sprouts and a bun.
- Tip: You could always add some sesame seeds to the mixture
- About Us
- What is Bhakti Yoga?
- The Yogi Vegetarian Blog Policies and Creative Commons Licence
- Ingredient of the Month
- Sugar Free Recipe Links
- Raw/ dehydrator recipes
- Gluten free/ wheat free recipes
- Ekadasi Recipes
- Vegan on a Budget Blog
- Vegan Nutrition
- Gluten Free Recipes
- Cook's Notes, Conversions and Equipment
Thursday, 24 February 2011
Mung Bean and Sweet Potato Patties with Ume Plum and Peanut Dressing (vegan)
These are subtly sweet and smoky versions of my spicy beanburgers (Makes 8-10, depending on size)
800g mung beans, cooked soft and drained
350g grated sweet potato
175g ground almonds
100g porridge oats
2 tabs soy sauce/ liquid aminos
1-2 tsps hing
2-3 tsps smoked paprika
Ume plum and peanut dressing:
Combine ume plum seasoning with smooth peanut butter until you get a mayonnaise-like consisency; but be careful- the ume plum seasoning is rather salty.