Blinis: Eggless Buckwheat Pancakes for Ekadasi (can be vegan)
|Shown here with stewed apple filling...|
|...Drizzle with date syrup...|
|...fold over and tuck in!|
- Beat the first three ingredients together with a balloon whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Add the water gradually- you may need slightly more or less than the given amount depending on your brand of flour.
- Heat enough oil in a non-stick frying pan to cover the base.
- Pour in 1-2 tabs of the batter, tilting the pan so that it covers the base evenly.
- Fry until the top is "set".
- Carefully flip over (they are delicate!) and fry for a couple more minutes, just to brown the other side.
- Add more oil for the next pancake(s) if you need to.
- I served mine with some stewed apple and date syrup inside. Yum!