Winter Bean and Vegetable Pie- vegan
|This pie is great hot with corn on the cob|
- Make the pastry, wrap and chill -the pastry that is, not you ;)- in the fridge.
- Stir-fry or sweat the veggies in a little olive oil until soft.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. gently heat the oil, add the gram flour and mix well. Slowly add the soy sauce until you a have a paste. Gradually whisk in the soya milk, keeping the heat gentle. The sauce should thicken.
- When it's thickened and all the milk has been added, turn off the heat and stir in all the seasonings.
- Mix the veggies and sauce together and turn into an oven-proof dish about 36x26cm. (Roasting tin size).
- Now roll out the pastry into a rectangle to fit on top of the vegetables and sauce: it should be about 4mm thick. Tip: drape the rolled out pastry over your rolling pin to help transfer it to the dish. Roll the edges over and mark with a knife to make a pattern. Make slits in the top at regular intervals to let the steam out when it's cooking.
- Brush with soya milk and sprinkle on the sesame or sunflower seeds.
- Bake for about 15 mins in an oven preheated to 200C, or until the pie is heated through and the top is nice and brown and crispy.