Cherry Almond Chocolates for Valentine's Day- vegan
|These rich, indulgent chocolates make the perfect Valentine's treat!|
|For best results use little silicone chocolate moulds; they peel off the set chocolate easily and without damaging it.|
- Using a bain marie or microwave, melt about 1/3 of the chocolate and line the moulds. Leave to set. Hint: To get a thin and even layer, use a small pastry brush or clean paintbrush. If you're in a hurry, like me, a teaspoon will do!
- Meanwhile, crush the almonds in a bag with a rolling pin and chop the cherries as finely as possible.
- When the chocolate linings are set, fill them about 1/3 full with the cherries and almonds.
- Now melt and mix together the cocoa, coconut oil and golden syrup together with another 1/3 of the chocolate and top up the moulds with this.
- Melt the remainder of the chocolate and use it to cover over the last layers of each chocolate. Level them off if you can, as when they're set they will stand up nicely.
- Leave to set. Don't be tempted to put in the fridge or freezer, as the abrupt change on temperature will take away the glossiness of the chocolate and may even cause an unsightly white "bloom" on the surface.