|These flapjacks are crunchy and sweet but without refined sugar/ syrup!|
100g pumpkin seeds
200ml cold-pressed rapeseed/canola oil.
200g vegan dark chocolate
These amounts are from memory- I will revise them next time I make!
- Crumble the gour into a large heavy pan and melt it, stirring to avoid burning at the edges/ on the bottom.
- Blitz the water, oil and a dsp of the oats in your food processor.
- Stir into the gour. Turn off heat.
- Stir in the oats and pumpkin seeds.
- Press into an oiled Swiss roll tin/ baking tray with shallow sides and bake for about 30 minutes at 170-180C. Longer at lower heat is the secret for an even crunch!
- when baking put squares of chocolate on top- they will melt in the heat of the flapjack. Spread evenly.
- Mark out, then cut just before fully set for a neat finish.