|A great fresh-tasting relish!|
1 ripe (but not too soft) mango
1 large capsicum (bell pepper)
1 tsp minced fresh chilli (we used a very hot red Scotch bonnet, hence the small amount)
2 heaped tabs fresh coriander (cilantro)
the juice of 2 limes (about 2 tabs)
1/2 tsp seasalt
- Finely dice the mango and pepper, and add to a mixing bowl with the chilli.
- Chop the coriander very finely- scissors are great for this- and add to the bowl combining well.
- Mix in the salt and lime juice, and you're done- simple as that :)
|Although it's colourful, we kept the flavours quite simple, to complement the salsa.|
- Wash the rice and put in a pan with the water (your usual amount).
- Add the olive oil and seasalt.
- Halfway through cooking, add all the ingredients except the tomato puree.
- When all the water is absorbed, stir about 1 tab tomato puree and stir roughly- it's nice to get little pockets of it rather than it being evenly distributed.
|Mexican rice looks great presented in a glazed earthenware dish|