Mediterranean Tomato Dressing- vegan

How much nicer this dressing will be when we can make it with our homegrown tomatoes...
We were having veggieburgers, salad and baked potatoes for dinner and I wanted to make a different salad dressing that was also tasty enough to double as a relish/ sauce for the burgers. This proved to be a big hit with everyone and transforms your lettuce leaves into something far more appetising...
I made about 2/3 of a jam-jar; sorry there are no quantities; it really was an experiment this time, so maybe when I make it again I'll get it written down! For now, here' what I used:
Equal parts extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice
Passata (sadly not homegrown and made this time)
1-2 tabs yeast flakes (called nutritional yeast if you are in the States)
Seasalt to taste
Agave nectar to taste
Hing/ dried mixed herbs/ coarse black pepper to taste
  • Start with the oil, lemon juice and passata.
  • Then shake everything together in a jar - don't forget to put the lid on tightly :)
  • Store in the fridge.



Comments

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts