|You won't believe this isn't cheese!|
- I boiled 500g gluten free fusilli in 2 litres of soya milk, then drained and rinsed the pasta when it was done, catching the soya milk in a bowl and setting it aside for making the sauce later.
- Meanwhile, I had prepared some veggies (sweetcorn, cauliflower and broccoli), which I steamed until soft. I put the pasta and veg into a large, deep roasting dish. There was nearly as much veg as pasta.
- The sauce was made by whisking generous amounts of salt, lemon juice and yeast flakes to a bout 2/3cup of tahini, then thinning it gradually with the still-warm soya milk. I kept adjusting the ingredients until I got a nice cheesey flavour.
- I then poured the sauce over the pasta and veg in the dish and finished off by topping it with sliced tomatoes and a sprinkle of yeast flakes.
- The dish was then baked at 200C for about 15 minutes.