Oreo Banana Brownies- Vegan
|Who's for tea in the garden?|
Makes about 12 brownies, depending on the size of the tray.
275g wholemeal flour (I sifted out the larger pieces of bran first) or plain flour
125g gour, melted/ dark brown sugar
3 rounded tabs cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb.
2 bananas, sliced
4 or 5 crumbled Oreos (I used the Chocolate Creme variety) plus an extra one for scattrering on the top
2 flax eggs
1 cup melted coconut oil/ cold pressed sunflower oil
1 cup plant milk
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, including the banana chunks.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Beat the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and spread the mixture into a prepared tin or silicone mould.
- Scatter with more crumbled Oreo.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180C or 25-30 mins. (Test with a skewer to see if they're done.)
- These brownies are great warm with a scoop of banana icecream. (You won't believe how easy the icecream is to make!) Though moist enough when fresh they tend to dry out so best eat as many as you can at once ;)
|Perfect with banana icecream!|