Coconut Cardamom Oat Squares (vegan flapjacks with coconut oil, agave nectar and xylitol
80ml agave nectar
329 ml coconut oil
500g organic jumbo oats
100g desiccated coconut
2-3 tsps powdered green cardamom
- Melt the xylitol and agave nectar together with the coconut oil in a large pan
- Stir in the oats, coconut and cardamom
- Press evenly into an oiled rectangular tin (such as a Swiss roll tin)
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes, pressing down with a spatula about half way through cooking. remove from oven when golden-brown.
- Cut into 12 pieces when cool, and remove very carefully from the tin as it's rather crumbly.