Herbed Cornmeal Dumplings- vegan
|Delicious in a bean and veggie stew! Mine had fava beans, black beans and beancurd|
These dumplings are perfect for times when you want something other than bread with your stew. They are very quick and simple to make, and quite filling, too. 2 per person is probably enough. My recipe makes 12-15, depending on the size. I used 15 between 6 people.
- Snip the fresh herbs very small with scissors. You can add more for a stronger taste if you like, bu tI preferred it not to be too overpowering.
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the water.
- Now add the water, a little at a time, until you have a workable dough.
- Knead for about 2 minutes, then roll into balls.
- Boil the dumplings in water for 25-30 minutes, or you can cook them directly in a stew if the stew is going to take that amount of time to make.