|The Rhubarb breaks down somewhat, but the orange stays intact to provide an interesting texture|
|This recipe made a Barleycup jar-ful (photo taken after 6 people had dug in at dinner!)|
Yet another recipe born of the need to use up more of our home-grown rhubarb; and by the way it went down, we will be using a lot of rhubarb making more of it...
- Pop the mustard seeds in the oil, then add the cumin seeds and the chillis. Gently stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rhubarb and orange with the water to start it cooking.
- Add the turmeric and salt, put the lid on the pan and cook on minimum heat just until the orange and rhubarb are soft but retaining their shape.
- Stir in the malt and sugar/ gour, and stop cooking when it's mixed in.
- When cool, put into a jar and store in the fridge.