Countdown to Christmas Cookery 2: Chocolate, Pear and Almond Pudding Cake and Cranberry Christmas Cake (both vegan and sugar free)
|Top with flaked almonds, drizzles of dark chocolate and more cinnamon...|
|... bathe in a haze of luxurious chocolate soya custard. (the cake, that is)..|
- Mix all the dry ingredients together,including the cinnamon, in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil, soya milk and syrups gently in a small pan, whisking to blend them together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and beat well for about a minute.
- Pile into a prepared cake tin/ mould (I used a rectangular one) and top with a single layer of pear slices and a handful of flaked almonds.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180C for 20-25 mins, until a thin skewer inserted into the centre of the cake emerges clean.
- When cooked, drizzle generously with the chocolate and sprinkle with more cinnamon. Serve hot or cold. (I served it with soya custard into which I stirred the remainder of the chocolate: mmmm!)