Vegetable muffins- vegan (also with cheese version)
|Brunch or dinner, these muffins are perfect!|
|Sweet or savoury? Unless you tell them first, your vegan guests won't know until they take a bite...|
50g wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tab nutritional yeast (aka yeast flakes)
2 tsps baking powder (not bicarb)
1/2 tsp compound hing
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp oregano
1 large pinch paprika
1 large pinch coarse black pepper
75g grated veggies (I used green peppers and sweet potato- you could also try courgette)
25g precooked broccoli, in very small florets
1 tab sweetcorn
6 pitted black olives, halved
2 tabs cooked cannellini beans
5 sundried tomato halves, soaked to soften them and chopped into small pieces
200ml soya milk
75ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare the vegetables, beans and olives and set aside.
- Mix together the flours, baking powder, yeast flakes turmeric and all the seasonings in a large bowl.
- Stir in the vegetables well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the soya milk and the oil together.
- Next, add the milk/ oil mixture to the flour and vegetable mixture, beating well for about a minute.
- Pile into a dampened small silicone loaf mould or muffin cases in a tin/ a dampened silicone muffin tray, scatter with flaked almonds and get them into a preheated oven (180C) immediately.
- Bake for about 20 minutes; the muffins should be springy and risen and a thin skewer inserted into the centre of one should emerge clean.
- Replace the nutritional yeast with 100g grated cheese
- Cut out the broccoli and beans and instead use 100g grated veggies rather than 75g.